Full Product Specifications
- The full product specifications below are from the manufacturer and may contain information related to other package quantities that will not apply to the product that you are reviewing. Please confirm the actual content and/or package quantity from the main product specifications page.
- These specifications may represent the entire product series/model/line to which this product belongs with specific configuration differences between the individual products stated.
- These specifications may have been copied from the same product in other region/country in which case there might be minor differences in region-specific data such as Input Voltage, Terms of Warranty etc.
- Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/ Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/ Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1151 package
- L3 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)Chipset:
- Intel® Z170 Express Chipset
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR4 3866(O.C)/3733(O.C)/3666(O.C) /3600(O.C.) /3466(O.C.) /3400(O.C.) /3333(O.C.) /3300(O.C.) /3200(O.C.) /3000(O.C.) /2800(O.C.) /2666(O.C.) /2400(O.C.) /2133 MHz memory modules
- Support for ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Support for non-ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)Onboard Graphics:
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
Integrated Graphics Processor+MegaChips MCDP2800 chip:
- 1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
* Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 port
Requires the latest Intel® Graphic Driver from GIGABYTE website.
Maximum shared memory of 512 MBAudio:
- Creative® Sound Core 3D chip
- 2 x TI Burr Brown® OPA2134 operational amplifiers
- Support for Sound Blaster Recon3Di
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- 1 x Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN1)
- 1 x Killer E2400 chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)
* Teaming is not supported.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
* The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the M2H_32G connector. The PCIEX4 slot will become unavailable when an SSD is installed in the M2H_32G connector.
- 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
- Support for NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ and 2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
- Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ and 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire™ Technology
ASMedia® ASM1061 chip:
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA & PCIe x4/x2/x1 SSD support)
- 3 x SATA Express connectors
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~5)
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* Refer to "1-10 Internal Connectors," for the supported configurations with the M.2, SATA Express, and SATA connectors.
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 6~7), supporting AHCI mode only
- 5 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
USB 3.0 Hub:
- 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
Thunderbolt™ 3 Controller:
Internal I/O Connectors:
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
Back Panel Connectors:
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x I/O shield audio LED power connector
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
- 3 x SATA Express connectors
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT)
- 3 x system fan headers
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x serial port header
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x power button
- 1 x reset button
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x ECO button
- 1 x OC button
- 2 x audio gain control switches
- 2 x BIOS switches
- Voltage Measurement Points
I/O Controller: H/W Monitoring:
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x DisplayPort
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.1 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red)
- 5 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 2 x RJ-45 ports
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In/Mic In, Line Out, Headphone)
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System/Chipset temperature detection
- CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed detection
- CPU/System/Chipset overheating warning
- CPU/CPU OPT/System fan fail warning
- CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed control
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
- 2 x 128 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- Support for Q-Flash Plus
* The USB flash drive must be a USB 2.0 flash drive.
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
System Information Viewer
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Smart Switch
- Support for Xpress Install
- Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
- Intel® Smart Response Technology
- Support for Windows 10/8.1 64-bit
- Support for Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
* Please download the "Windows USB Installation Tool" from GIGABYTE's website and install it before installing Windows 7.
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- GA-Z170X-Gaming GT motherboard
- Motherboard driver disk
- User's Manual
- Quick Installation Guide
- Four SATA cables
- I/O Shield
- One 2-Way SLI bridge connector
- One G Connector
- One pack of back I/O dust covers
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.